Blog formatting

I tried implementing a blog into a site I’m developing, using Rapidweaver and Foundry theme. I have two designated custom fonts - one for headings, and one for normal body text.

When displaying the blog titles, the PHP script in Pulsecore is hard coded with <h2>``</h2> tags - so my blog titles are ALWAYS in the heading font - which I don’t always want… I’d like to be able to choose the formatting for the blog content and blog titles as and when…
I have changed the <h2> tags in the PHP code to <p> instead, so then in the Meta section of the Pulse Admin/blog post, I can format my blog title using HTML tags there… I’m not sure if that would potentially break the drawing of the page in future, so it would be safer if formatting could be applied in the {{blog-list:}} tags, somehow…

Could you please consider the ability for users to customise the format of different blog sections accordingly? (Title, body, author etc) - either in the embed code, or on a per blog folder basis?

Also - the ability to turn off “Blog List” title when using the Blog-List tag… I need to get rid of this with my intended use as a small news bulletin side bar…

Thanks in advance,

J.

1 Like

Thanks @junction10 for this request!

For RapidWeaver + Pulse, did you tty this advice?:

Can I ask, for the Blog titles is there any reason why you want it into a

? If it’s a size thing, you can make adjustments either in the Stacks or custom CSS. But usually, for SEO and screen readers a title tag would be preferred.

Making additions to the PHP files is fine - just remember to make those amends again when you update in the future.

Also - the ability to turn off “Blog List” title when using the Blog-List tag… I need to get rid of this with my intended use as a small news bulletin side bar…

For this - could you hide this element using targeted CSS for that page? You can add per page CSS in the Page > META drawer :slight_smile:

Let us know!

Hi Michael,
I haven’t tried the styler stacks mentioned above yet - I don’t have them… I’ve got hundreds of Joe Workman stacks and that’s not one of them! I’ll delve into what I’ve got…

You’re reply didn’t format correctly - I think you’re asking why I want the tag in a metadata field?
At the moment, it’s the only way I had of being able to style the ‘title’ any other way than is hard coded…
When I’d replaced the H2 tags in the code to P tags, I could then size, style, and use my normal font rather than the heading font defined in my Foundry base…

I understand using the title field isn’t a clean way of doing it - so if in future, the tags could be expanded to allow formatting for each element - eg:

{{blog:"":"[[featured-image]] [[blog-content-loop(<p style="font-size:11px"><<blog-item-author>></p> <b><<blog-item-date>></b> <<blog-item-featured-image>> <<blog-item-content>>)]]}}

I don’t know how easy something like that would be - or would it be easier for me to just add some custom CSS on the page? If so - could you please give me an example? I’m fairly new :slight_smile:

Thanks, J.

1 Like

Absolutely - good idea and we can consider it

That said, it's down to the theme. And if the Foundry theme is styling your H2 titles then use the H2 attributes in the theme to change it.

If that's not working, you can either add some custom CSS in the RapidWeaver project before publishing, or add it in the Pulse Admin > Settings (or on the Blog page under META drawer)

Here's a Foundry RapidWeaver Pulse5 example page:
https://pulse5.instacks.com/blog/

That is being influenced by the H2 settings in the Stack settings. So either change those or just add some custom CSS such as:

@media (min-width: 62em) {
    h2 {
        font-size: 80px;
    }
}

That will affect all H2 tags but if you add it only on the Blog page META drawer it should be ok.

Or just target the Blog H2:

h2.blog-item-grid-item {
    font-size: 12px;
}

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.