Filesize of pulse is growing // Reduced by 83.57% in Pulse 5.2! 🔥

Hello guys, I have seen that pulse file size is growing a lot.

Now is 17 mb (zipped), remember than the bloated current wordprish file is 8,1 mb.

Any chance to stay thin? 4.2.7 was 1,3 mb and was a breeze to upload by ftp.

uploading the browscap folder is insanely slow, its resources folder has 4600 files and sometimes an extraction with cpanel is not posible.

is this esential file that offers functionality?

Thanks, we will look into this.

2 Likes

Yeah, it has grown into a bit of a monster recently. I know that more functionality means more code but I wonder about some of it all. For instance the frontend editing - its clever and could be handy I guess but it adds overhead

Yes @Roberto it’s growing but that’s the tradeoff with making it as powerful as possible.

That said, now that features as stabilised, we can look at sliming it down :slight_smile:

If you are happy not to have the Browser / Geo stats then ignore the Browscap folder. There’s an option in Admin settings if you “disable” it then it will be much much lighter.

We’re looking at ways to still have those features but make it light.

Yeah, it has grown into a bit of a monster recently. I know that more functionality means more code but I wonder about some of it all. For instance the frontend editing - its clever and could be handy I guess but it adds overhead

It’s the stats mainly. Disable / don’t install that and will be much lighter

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

No need to concern anymore about this!

We’ve worked really hard on this and looks to have paid off… Pulse 5.2 will have a heavily reduced File Size and number of Files of the Pulsecore in order to speed up SFTP transfers on install!

An 83.57% items file size crushing! Only 17MB to upload!! That should dramatically speed things up :star_struck::fire::zap:

We’ll also keep an eye on this in the future and keep doing our best to keep it as low as possible :slight_smile:

3 Likes