Problems with the frontend while i am working in the backend

Unfortunately, nothing!
It was at least a good idea, because on localhost (yesterday) I had actually turned it off.

I have an additional problem now: I can not dial into the backend on localhost anymore. The password is not taken, but there is no error message that it is wrong. It’s definitely the right password.

Can I somehow reset it to “demo”, then re-enter and encrypt it?

MAMP? Local PHP Server?

there is a config.php file where you might be able to reset that locally.

Thanks, iI don’t need it. I found the reason: My protection tool Kaspesky stopped the input cause i had to switch the website to https mode.

1 Like

Are you all fixed and ready to roll now @Bernd?

We’re still awaiting to hear from Kuler Solutions…

Unfortunately not. I could only handle my localhost problem by setting the website back to http mode. My localhost certificate is not accepted by Kaspersky, but should work online.

My main problem, with the missing content (below the navigation) in the frontend, I still have. Also, I probably need to replace the navigation because the responsive navigation does not work with sublevels.

So far, I have not received any reply from Kuler to my e-mails.

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I could only handle my localhost problem by setting the website back to http mode. My localhost certificate is not accepted by Kaspersky, but should work online.

Sounds correct :slight_smile:

My main problem, with the missing content (below the navigation) in the frontend, I still have. Also, I probably need to replace the navigation because the responsive navigation does not work with sublevels.

The default theme in Pulse now has a sub level responsive navigation included in the next BETA release. You can use that?

What is the issue with the missing content? I think that (Problems with the frontend while i am working in the backend) will be fixed with an updated P5 theme

So far, I have not received any reply from Kuler to my e-mails.

Same… we (and others) are trying to contact him and hope all is well with him

I solved my navigation problem. It was’nt realy a problem :blush:. I linked the main navigation-point (first level) to a site. But the first level dont’t allow to have an Link. It only has to open the submenu.

I think I can live with the main problem until the new Pulse 5 version comes out.

Thanks for yout help.

1 Like

Thanks @Bernd 5.2BETA2 is out today so let us know if this solves your issues :slight_smile:

What a pity! It read so well

First: The known error is still present
There is a new problem in the frontend when logged out of the backend: The Naviagtion is additionally integrated as source text with "strange" source code (screenshots)

Generally also without origin template:

• Both image upload and integration from the folder "Media" do not work
  • Frontend-Editing: There is no "Save" button, changes are not implemented

Double click or right on a text while in inline editing mode, and you should get a black pop up for mark up and save options.

1 Like

Thanks @Bernd - let me extrapolate the issues here to make it clear what needs to be fixed…

1. what is the original issue? Origins theme?

2. “new problem” with the navigation… did you go to admin > settings > save?

3. Let us check on the Media folder

4. Double click to get the “air toolbar” and click save

1 Like
  1. Yes, the same error message after installing origin template
  2. Yes, there I have changed all the necessary changes for my web.
    The exact way: Upload of the Origin template separated according to template and content -> then checking of the functions: sb_nav.txt shows itself twice (1x correct and once as source text) although only one file is on the server.

This is the double navigation code:
Home</a></li>\r\n
Praxis </span>\r\n
\r\n
Praxis \u00dcbersicht</a></li>\r\n
Das Team</a></li>\r\n
Die Zahn\u00e4rztinnen</a></li>\r\n
.... etc.

1. These errors are already evident in the unchanged Pulse 5.2 version with the Bootstrap4 template:
  • Upload files via the folder MEDIA works
  • Integration via the editor icon "Image" does not work -> broken-link-image and the following error message (screenshot)

3b) The image selection shows only an empty field and no files already uploaded to the media folder.

Can it be a hoster problem?

Not solved – but a great step further.

My main problem only exist in the same browser at the same time (wether chrome or firefoyx or opera)! Alls other Users views the whole website correct.
And if your open an second browser (f.e. chrome) in the same time as you work in the backend, also everthing is allright.

All together: Only in the workingtime is the mistake in your browser – and only there!!!

Therefore I’am using in the next time for this website Pulse 5.1 and make tests in the future with Pulse 5.2

Yippie! With this situation I’am very happy .

1 Like

OK - I see

I guess it’s because origins doesn’t have the new Pulse5 tags in the template page (1+2)

If you can email me your template pages I can try it and send it back?

1. I think we’ve just fixed this - uploading images via Redactor. This will be in BETA3 out next

Glad it’s a good step forward! That last one sounds like a permissions error and we’ll look into that too. Thanks for the details :slight_smile:

Great! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I have sent the two templates (home-feault.php and general.php) via my company address to your mail address. If you need more, please tell it.

1 Like

Thanks @Bernd - this needs testing

​If you compare the default Pulse5 template with the Origins template you can see there are many P5 tags missing.

​I’ve added in the standard P5 tags and please test it for your General page (email attached)

​Let me know how it works :slight_smile:

@pulsecms Any chance the rest of us that also own the Origins template could see what is needed to make it P5 compatible?

btw - the https://kuler.solutions website is back up. I have sent them an email (I have the Origins theme as well) but haven’t heard back yet

1 Like

Yes of course - this is still not solved … but we will help with this once we have the solution :slight_smile:

We need to do testing on the theme and also the theme dev can hopefully ship out an update

Thanks again @bernd for this request… a lot of the navigation things from this post have been fixed for:

Including links to external pages and image selecting.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.