Styling Pulse CMS Blog Pages

Can anyone tell me where or how I style Pulse CMS blog pages please. Specifically I want to reposition the “Back” button so that it appears below the blog-page-blog instead of being at the top of the page. I’d also like the blog-page-header and the blog-page-hero-image to appear on their individual blog page. Currently both are left off, and this looks mighty weird to me.

In addition, if anyone can tell me how I change the blog author from being “admin” to my name, that would also be very helpful. I’ve changed Admin User Name in the Settings panel to my own name, but that has made no different at all.

As always, thanks for your assistance.

Thanks Derek

• To change the styles (css) of the Blog - you can add them to your templates CSS to override the pulsecore/asset/css/pulsecore.css

• To move the Back button will require some code changes in the files - but agree this would be better below the post. We'll add this into a near future update :+1:

• The featured thumbnail being left of the main post was because some people like to have a thumbnail post different to the first image on their blog, or no image and go straight into text. To add the same image in the post just hit image and click on it.

• For the "blog-page-header" do you mean the blog title?
    I added a Header on my Blog page called "Blog Derek" and it appears on my posts:

Let me know if it's something else and we can fix/add it :slight_smile:

• For the admin renaming a fix will be released in 5.1 BETA5 which should be released later today. More on that here:
    Some troubles in PULSE admin

If you could reposition the Back button at some point, that would be great Michael. I believe it would encourage visitors to any Pulse CMS site to read, or at least scan a post, before they return to the main Blog page.

WIth regards to adding a feature image to a blog post, I followed your instructions above, but I then get two copies of the featured image on the main blog page. So that doesn’t work!!! Should I duplicate the image file, give a different name and store it in a different location? Would that resolve the issue?

Yes, I did mean blog title rather than blog header. My mistake. It’s the one Pulse users add in the Meta Section. I want that to appear both on my blog page and at the top of the individual blog post. Is this achievable?

I’ll follow your link and read the post about the new 5.1 beta. Thanks again!

1 Like

We'll get that in the next update!

5.1 releasing today/tomorrow :slight_smile:

WIth regards to adding a feature image to a blog post, I followed your instructions above, but I then get two copies of the featured image on the main blog page. So that doesn't work!!! Should I duplicate the image file, give a different name and store it in a different location? Would that resolve the issue?

The front page is showing all the content of the blog post. The way around this is to position the ##more## where you want the content to truncate on the front page. So put this before the image and it won't appear :slight_smile:

https://help.pulsecms.com/article/15-blog

Yes, I did mean blog title rather than blog header. My mistake. It's the one Pulse users add in the Meta Section. I want that to appear both on my blog page and at the top of the individual blog post. Is this achievable?

Absolutely - can you see from the image above? Mine "blog title" is there.

e.g.

Before click through:

After click through:

This is done by default. Are you using Blocs for this site or Pulse on its own?

I’ve download 5.1, but thanks for looking into the position of the back button for the next release.

Thanks also for the link regarding blog images, I’ll read this and will follow your instructions above.

I defined the area for the Pulse Blog in Blocs, but have been writing the articles via the Pulse CMS Dashboard. I’ve now discovered what the issue is. The heading on the click-through blog page is picking-up a type style which is white. That’s why I can’t see it on a white background. I’ll look into how I can fix this through CSS.

After today’s success of downloading Pulse 5.1, updating Blocs to 2.6, exporting my site as a Pulse 5 theme, doing a fresh install of Pulse 5.1, white labelling it, and then adding in my Blocs site, everything now works perfectly. From here on in it’s more about fine tuning. So I’m a very happy chap this evening!

Thanks, as always, for your assistance.

1 Like

After today’s success of downloading Pulse 5.1, updating Blocs to 2.6, exporting my site as a Pulse 5 theme, doing a fresh install of Pulse 5.1, white labelling it, and then adding in my Blocs site, everything now works perfectly. From here on in it’s more about fine tuning. So I’m a very happy chap this evening!

This is wonderful news @DerekDigital :heart_eyes:

Be great for you to share your news on the Blocs forum so they can see it’s now working great together :slight_smile:

Ah - I see it's already done:

Great!!

1 Like

As you discovered Michael, I’ve been proactively spreading this great news far and wide :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.