Blog back button

Hello,
I use Blocsapp and Pulse. I use on a Page a Blog and when I click the blog I can read more and there is a Back button on the bottom… Great, but when I click the back button I come to the main page of the Blog, where I can see all the blogs …
My questions:

1. Is it possible that I click the Back button and I come back to my homepage ?
  2. Can I change the sidebar, for example I don’t want the the subscribe option ?

thanks for your help
tom

Hello Tom,

1. Yes, it’s possible. Open the file from your pulse directory > inc > tags > blog.php. Now find the code <a class='button' href="<?php echo $back_url; ?>"><?php echo $GLOBALS['lang_blog_back_button']; ?></a> and replace $back_url with $base_url. That will do it.

2. Open the file from your pulse directory > content > pages > blog.txt. Find those codes:
    {{search}}
    {{blog-tags:“blog”}}
    {{mailchimp}}
    {{social}}
    Deleting {{mailchimp}} will remove subscribe option from the blog sidebar.

3 Likes

Add home icon.
Preview:

code:
<div id='blog'> <span class='blog-read-more blog-back'> <a class='button' href="<?php echo $base_url; ?>"><i class="fas fa-home"></i>&nbsp;<?php echo $GLOBALS['lang_blog_back_button']; ?></a> </span> </div>

You can use other text, such as “Home”,
code:
<div id='blog'> <span class='blog-read-more blog-back'> <a class='button' href="<?php echo $base_url; ?>"><i class="fas fa-home"></i>&nbsp;Home</a> </span> </div>

icon page, link:
https://fontawesome.com/icons/home?style=solid

1 Like

Hi…
Thanks for your help @sharif
When I replace the back in base url the button don’t work.
I change it on the server inside the blog.php …
The button don’t do anything know.
Any ideas ? Again , thanks for your help.

Thanks @IvaRo
I am not good in coding. Where I have to put that code ? Also in the blog.php ? And delete the back button code ?

And I have also another problem. When I click the numbers on bottom of a few blog post ( the site numbers ) I will also come to the blog main page. Is there a way to open the single blog post and the main blog site in a new tab ?

Thanks a lot
Tom

If the button does not work after changing the $base_url, Please share your file directory and code you have changed. And please share your website link for the pagination issue.

1 Like

This sample code is in script:
inc/tags/blog.php
line: 109
You can edit or retain the original code.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.