Pulse tags not working in Rapidweaver page

Hi,
I am trying to get the following tag to work:
{{block:myblock}} which I have pasted into a RW text stack. As you can see on the test page all it shows is the text I pasted. On the same page I inserted a Pulse Block stack using the same block which does work. Eventually I want to use a Pulse tag in Joe Workmans Columnist stack whichI have done successfully using Easy CMS tags.

Here’s the link:
http://www.bailey-cox.co.uk/pulsetest/

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Your block is inside code tags and is not parsed. Remove them and it should work.

<code>{{block:myblock}}</code>

just remove <code> and </code>

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. In RW I didn’t actually add the and so I don’t know where they were added.

Sorry this was missed out.
" and "

Tags are currently not supported inside RW.

I don’t know Rapidweaver but maybe you can use this:

<?php include '/pulse/content/blocks/myblock.txt'; ?>

instead of:

{{block:myblock}}

“If you want to add php to a Styled Text page (or Text stack) you can
add the php, select it, and choose the menu option: Format > Ignore
Formatting”
https://forums.realmacsoftware.com/t/custom-php-code-in-stacks-using-session-variables-in-stacks-forms/2691

1 Like

There will be a Stack allowing you to use
{{block:myblock}}
Soon.

1 Like

I just saw that the path cannot work. Sorry. Try:

<?php include '../pulse/content/blocks/myblock.txt'; ?>

or:

<?php include './pulse/content/blocks/myblock.txt'; ?>

Even if this works it would be better to wait till {{block:myblock}} is supported.
Otherwise you will have to go through all stacks whenever you modify the file structure.

Thanks Dirk.
Tried it but didn’t work. Guess I’ll have to wait until Jannis adds a new stack to his collection though I don’t see how that will work with Joe Workman’s Columnist stack.

Be surprised. You will be able to use blocks all over the RW page (slogan, title, footer, etc. included).

2 Likes

Sounds very interesting, when might that happen ?

Now: https://instacks.com/localizerstack/

Beside using {{localizer:blockname}} in order to translate texts, also {{block:blockname}} will work for displaying texts.

Please be aware that the tutorial is not written by now, this will follow with a video the next week.

Jannis I have just taken a look at the localizer stack. Please forgive my ignorance but I don’t see how it will help me using JW’s Columnist stack with {{block:blockname}}.

If you let me know what you want to archive, I can tell you if it will help you. You asked for that feature…

I have used Joe Workman’s Columnist stack in the past with EasyCMS by inserting for example:
%tree_crane_work -format% into the Columnist stack
This has enabled me to content manage the text in the Columnist stack via EasyCMS.
What I wanted to do was the ability to do the same using Pulse by adding something like {{block:blockname}}

And why do you think this will not work exactly the same way with the Localizer Stack?

Basically I don’t know how the Localizer stack works. I thought it was just for languages.

As it seems you did not get that from above description, I suggest you wait until the tutorial is finished.

OK Thanks Jannis. Your time and help are much appreciated.