Alternate Templates Not Activating

Great to have you switching!

Which version are you using?
This was fixed in Pulse5.1 BETA2

Try the latest BETA3 version and see if that helps :slight_smile:

We’re getting there! :slight_smile: The update fixed the issue with the templates, but now it’s duplicating my content from my blocks and adding code such as:

JSON_START{“html”:"
-and-
“,“META_SEARCHABLE”:“NO”,“TITLE”:”"}JSON_END

It adds this code, then shows the block content twice. Any thoughts on this one?

I’ve been poking around on this one and can’t seem to figure it out. It may be above my skillset. Any ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Could you try Pulse5.1BETA4 released today with that as it’s not a known bug.

And any chance of a link or sending a DM with your logs so we can test this?

thanks

I’m using Pulse5.1BETA4 and going through the tutorial and I double checked my code, but I’m having the same issue. I’m not sure I’m missing something.

Thanks @shuenw - this was fixed in BETA2.

What error are you seeing? The same as mentioned by @irishartist89 here? :

Is it this which is giving you issues?

Can you send me your logs (settings > extended)?

Thanks

Hi,

I s this what you're looking for?

File/Directory permissions

root directory 0700
content 0755
content/blocks 0755
content/blog 0755
content/media 0755
content/pages 0755
pulsecore/storage 0777
pulsecore/storage/cache 0777
pulsecore/storage/log 0777
pulsecore/storage/config.json 0644
pulsecore/vendor/browscap/browscap-php/resources 0775
config.php 0755
.htaccess 0755

I have an image of how the page renders. It looks like it's not seeing the CSS file, but I'm not sure about the other stuff.

Thanks @shuenw

On the logs page should be a “download logs” button. Please download and send me that zip.

We are releasing 5.1 today/tomorrow. Please re-download from your dashboard and run the install again as this might fix your issue.

If it still doesn’t work, you can send in the logs from that version :slight_smile:

1 Like

See if 5.1 helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m excited!!

1 Like

Great to hear @shuenw - we really appreciate that!

Hi,

I’m pretty sure I got everything right w/ the tutorial and starting from scratch on 5.1, but I still have the same page rendering problems. Here is my log:

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks for the report @shuenw - it helps :slight_smile:

Do you have a folder in template called “default” or do you just have “layout.php, js folder, css folder”?

Can you send a screen of that page?
Also - what do you use to activate the template - the selection in the admin or the tag {{template:name}} ?

Cheers

I have layout.php, js, and css, but no "default." I have a folder called "old" which has the original files, which I think is what you're referring to when you mean "default."

Can you clarify your question about activating the template? I'm not sure if I understand how to answer it.. :slight_smile:

Ok as you have one template this is not an alternative template activation issue. It seemed so as your site was looking for “alternate”

Can you send me a private message on here with the login information for that page and will take a look?

Cheers

Hey Michael,

I sent you a pm!

1 Like

This is fixed now in 5.2 :slight_smile: