Backups not working

The issue I’m having with at least one of my installs is that I have the admin settings checkbox enabled but backups are not working.

The backup folder only contains a .DS_Store, index.html, and .htaccess file from December 3rd, 2018 at 23:29:35, but nothing else.

None of our actual pages/blocks/etc. are being backed up.

How can we troubleshoot this and get backups working?

Thanks!

P.S. FYI: If one is in a pulsecms install’s admin area and they go to account/help link, they get:
help.pulsecms.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 20:09:30. The current time is March 12, 2019, 10:37 AM. Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

FYI: Michael will be back in 2 weeks.

Could you check your PHP log file.

here is all i see in my pulsecms root error log:

[04-Mar-2019 02:49:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function pulsecore\page\end_point\process() in /home/leechbur/public_html/see/end_point.php:1
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /home/leechbur/public_html/see/end_point.php on line 1
[04-Mar-2019 02:49:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function pulsecore\page\end_point\process() in /home/leechbur/public_html/see/end_point.php:1
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /home/leechbur/public_html/see/end_point.php on line 1

It looks like some files might not have been the correct version.

Did you update your Pulse Version at some point in time, or is it a clean installation?

i believe it was a fresh install.

in fact, i think i edited that end_point.php file myself; but it was only edited in last last couple weeks. (it was screwing up content embeds and i think i even opened a ticket about it on here.).

based on the contents of that file, i don’t initially think anything in that file should impact backups. more importantly, i only edited that file recently, but, the backups haven’t worked for months.

any ideas? still can’t backup (AND now my client’s blog is corrupt in some way and I have no backups.- guess i’ll post that in a new thread.)

Regarding the help part:

Help is set in the language files

E.g
$lang_help_url ="https://www.pulsecms.com/help";

This can be changed
However it is going to the https:// and is working fine as it is

Thanks for sending through your logs for the Backups.
Have checked / tested the backup and should be working in version 5.3.1 and over (we added a fix for this issue on March 4th)

Please could you test the latest version!

Thanks for the logs @chad

I think the PHP zip extension is missing from the server.

The logs report an autoloading bug for ZipArchive.
The only way that can happen is if the extension is missing.

Please contact with your host to make sure the php zip extension is on in the php.ini file

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.