End_point.php question/issue

Hello,

How are you today?! Good, I hope!!

Just writing with a pulsecms support question:

Using the latest pulse release. Trying to embed some blocks in non-pulse pages using the Embed PHP link at the bottom of the blocks admin page.

Having a couple issues with it:

First off, the embed works, BUT, it only ever shows my original block content; if I go into CMS admin and edit a block I have embedded, the embed still only shows the very first content, not the edited content. Even if I look in the content folder, my changes are there in the blocks text file, but, they never make it to the embedded output.

Also, the “end_point.php” file (in the root of the CMS install folder) that the embed calls wraps all the blocks content in a “new html page”, which looks like:

<title>Pulse CMS</title>
</head>
<body>
	<?php echo \pulsecore\page\end_point\process( $_GET, $_POST, $_COOKIE ); ?>

<script type="text/javascript">
		document.addEventListener(
			'readystatechange',
			function() {

// receiver
				function receiver_handler(evnt) {

var message = evnt.data; 
					var source  = evnt.source;

if (message.msg && (message.msg == 'poll')) {

//var content_height = document.body.scrollHeight;

var content_height = Math.max(
							document.body.scrollHeight, document.documentElement.scrollHeight,
							document.body.offsetHeight, document.documentElement.offsetHeight,
							document.body.clientHeight, document.documentElement.clientHeight
						);

source.postMessage( {msg: 'content height', height: content_height}, '*' );
					}
				};

window.addEventListener( 'message', receiver_handler, false );
			},
			false
		);
	</script>
</body>

SO, If I’m trying to embed a block in an existing web page, all of the above data breaks the existing page.

The <?php echo \pulsecore\page\end_point\process( $_GET, $_POST, $_COOKIE ); ?> line in the above works in an embed, but, the rest of the code breaks an existing page when embedded.

follow-up - just found out my changes eventually DO appear; but they take a VERY long time when using the embed method i mentioned above. (Edits appear instantly in the admin page, in the content/text files, and when called by the “Embed Tag” code… they just take a long time when called with Embed PHP on a non-pulsecms page.)

1 Like

Thanks @chad - this could be the Pulse cache or another cache at play

• can you switch off the cache in the Pulse admin?
  • can you make sure there isn’t any cache on in your PHP site (where you embed the blocks) or your browser?

Otherwise changes should appear instantly!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.