How do I Disable Blog Post Title links

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to disable Blog Post Title links as when they are clicked on it opens a page with just that post on and no way to return to the blog.

Hi @pixelart,
You can do this either by editing the blog.php file (inc/tags) directly or by adding some CSS to cancel the link;

h2.blog-title a {
text-decoration:none;
pointer-events: none;
}

Support for pointer-events is pretty much limited to recent browsers so you may be better off editing the blog.php file.

1 Like

Hi Tim,
Thanks for that but I can’t see what to edit in the blog.php file.

Richard

PS I remember you from the old Freeway forum

Hi Richard,
If you make a backup of the inc/tags/blog.php file and edit the installed file with a plain text editor then you are looking for line 145 which should be;

echo "<h2 class='blog-title'><a href=$path/$blog_prefix-".strtolower($url_title).">$title</a></h2>";

Replace this with the following line and save the file;

echo "<h2 class='blog-title'>$title</h2>";

The link in the post title should now be gone. You should be aware that there is now no way to view a single blog post unless you happen to know the post URL. I suspect this may be what you want.
Regards,
Tim.

1 Like

Good to see you here Richard. Yes, I was over on the FWTalk forums for many years.

1 Like

Hi Tim,
Thanks for that. I tried replacing the line but it had no effect as you can see here the links are still working:
http://www.bailey-cox.co.uk/blog/
Richard

Richard! @pixelart - are you using RapidWeaver for that site?

I think @TimPlumb’s excellent solution is geared at vanilla Pulse sites.
You may need an edit to the Blog Stack in RapidWeaver to do that…

I would say, check with @instacks :slight_smile: and it might be an option to add in a future update one day.

There will also be a “return to blog” button in a future version of Pulse too :wink:

Hi Michael,
Yes I am using the Pulse stacks. So I guess it won’t work then. I’ll get in touch with Jannis to see if he can help.
Any news on the Armadillo import yet?
Richard

1 Like

Aha! Yes I hadn’t appreciated that the stacks embed the Pulse functionality rather than just reference it.

@pixelart check with @instacks and see if he can offer this as an option in the stack.
Regards,
Tim.

1 Like

I have just discovered that Softpress have ceased trading and Freeway is no more. Sad news.

This topic was automatically closed after 11 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.