Moving site from local to host

Rebuilt a site with the latest version of Pulse and when I move my site from my local MAMP server to live the server on BlueHost the site is not displaying the pages. I can login to the admin and see all my pages, blocks etc. I have checked the php requirments and the .htaccess file seems to be ok unless I have to change the rewrite rule for BlueHost. Strangely I had an old Pulse v3 install on this server with the previous site and that worked fine.

It looks like it is a Bluehost issue - I have just installed the site on a different server at a different host and it works perfectly.

Interesting!

try adding this in the htaccess:

RewriteBase /

It might help for Bluehost.

I tried the RewriteBase / as my first option but that did not work. Changed the version of php to v5.4 and that worked. The Pulse docs recommends v5.3 as the minimum. When I checked the hosts version with reqs.php it returned a version of 5.3 so I thought it will be ok. Php v5.6 is the newest they offer. I really do not like BH but every now and then I have a client that hosts with them and it always requires a tweak or two.

Thanks!

What did the diagnostics show @marcel?

If problems persist, check the built-in Pulse Diagnostics Tool by going to yoursite.com/admin/diag.php to see if the system requirements match, session handling is on, permissions are set correctly and so on.

https://www.pulsecms.com/docs/install

PHP 5.6 is also fine :slight_smile:

Can you let me have access or ask BH to check why it’s not compatible.
If we can find a solution then we can add a note for others on BH for a quicker setup.
Agree BH does often require tweaks for any package, I’ve used it for clients before also.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.