Need Editor Capability Clarification

Just to clarify:
Can editor add/move photos in the media section?
For example, as the admin, I set up media galleries which contain photos that can be randomly displayed to greet the visitors.
The editor needs to be able to at least change the content of that source gallery. He/she cannot change the name of the gallery as it will screw up the setup, but it would be convenient for the editor to be able to move in and out photos to give a limited control over what to show.

When I log in as the “editor”, it seems only block and blog items are accessible? Is it true?

(Curiously, I could create a new folder for media. But when I either press upload or new media button in that folder, pulse immediately switches back to the dashboard view. Not allowing the editor to add anything there… Is this a bug? )

Thanks @sryu

Just did some tests and the Editor can upload images fine via Media uploader:

Editors can also move media between folders :slight_smile:

Editors can edit Block, Pages, Blogs and Media only. And you can select which Blocks etc from the Admin settings like this:

(Curiously, I could create a new folder for media. But when I either press upload or new media button in that folder, pulse immediately switches back to the dashboard view. Not allowing the editor to add anything there... Is this a bug? )

For this, can the Admin upload? I just tested Editor and it worked fine from the upload screen. Can you try another 1MB JPEG for example and confirm?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Related to this…

Editor Permissions have been improved in Pulse 5.2BETA1 out soon:

• the Block list for editors now showing in the admin dashboard.
  • hiding the download link for the backup archives for editors
  • getting the dashboard/sidebar to show pages that the editor user can edit

:slight_smile:

Out now: