Positioning 'Recent Posts"

I'd like to put the 'Recent Posts' into a separate column than my listing of posts.

How would I do that?

Here's the blog example...

Pulse is just handling the blog at this point.

One way to do this could be to log in into the backend and navigate to Home/Pages/blog.txt and insert the following code:

Recents posts: {{recentposts}}
{{blog}}

The file recentposts.php from the downloaded and unzipped addon (Recent Posts by Tim Plumb) needs to be uploaded to inc/tags.

1 Like

What about display: flex? :relaxed:

3 Likes

Sure, also a good idea! And a more modern solution than mine, I must admit …

Hi Torsten and Mary,

You can also check kube css :slight_smile:

Thanks and regards,

Justin

1 Like

Hello Justin,
Thanks for the tip, I will check out kube css, never heard of it!
A nice and clear explanation btw of how to use flexbox I found in this video for who’s interested. I am using it more and more now, (with a small float fallback)

Bye!
Mary

1 Like

Hi Justin,

in deed some time ago I took a look at CSS frameworks like Kube or Skeleton and some more of them, but in the end I decided to keep using my own CSS, as I like things slim and small.

And in the meantime, I hate all that grid stuff, which can be found in the CSS frameworks, because – who needs 12 colums or so for a web layout? Not me. But I agree that you can find very useful code here and there, and let’s be honest, it is impossible to stop learning if you do webdesign. So, I “steal” ideas from this and that … :wink:

1 Like

Hi Torsten,

Good Day :slight_smile:

I agree with you using own css is really good especially if your doing SEO. I always do my own css when I do my site, But for people who like’s frameworks I always suggest KUBE CSS especially when it comes to minimalistic design. Yes once you go web design and doing it by your own in the long run your learn a lot of things. And in this field of ours in web design we always need to be updated. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you need help I’m just here :slight_smile:

Thanks and regards,

Justin

3 Likes

Kube is one of the easiest and slimmest, I agree with you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 33 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.