We are pleased to release PulseCMS 5.4.0 beta version 2!
All paying customers can download it from their dashboard. If you have trouble, contact support or reply here.
Take a look at a "live" version of 5.4.0 beta:
Instructions on getting started with the new version 5.4.0 Beta 2:
Our goals for this update were simple:
Make future updates much easier. We improved the Updater functionality in the Admin panel. Numerous improvements and fixes, see below.
Make a new beautiful theme. The Grand Escape theme is in beta. We hope this lets you make simple customer sites with this beautiful theme. We will still fully support other themes. There are a few features not yet implemented on the theme, which are listed here.
CURRENTLY IN BETA
- Alpha release of Grand Escape theme.
- Major improvements with PulseCMS updater. This makes it easier to upgrade going forward.
Call for Feature Ideas
- After this version, you can pick and choose what files to update during an install.
- Upload an update with the browser, or point to an existing ZIP file that you uploaded via FTP.
- On update, files will be scanned for changes with a checksum. This lets you avoid overwriting files you have customized.
- Progress bar fixes during an update.
- Templates: Added $template_folder variable to allow templates to be more flexible and "pastable".
- Navigation tag allows sending custom classes to make templating easier.
- Fixed "No content found" bug when trying to update. Added various fixes to updater compatibility.
- Fixed blog search. Some templates have weak UX, but blog search functionally does work.
- Minor fix which affected some blog images, so they will show properly.