Upgrading from Pulse 3 To Pulse 5 On Non Template Site

For Disqus the page is showing this error:

Failed to load resource: The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “rachelhkay.com.disqus.com” which could put your confidential information at risk.

The page also doesn't exist:

Can you check the comment Disqus setup is correct in your Disqus account? Change the URL in the settings to point to https://rachelhkay.com/ ?
Yes the comments will be embedded in Pulse not the sentence like that..

Not sure why the Settings should suddenly stop working.. it sounds like something was changed on the server or setup? Can you let me see it? (send me a private message).

For the "related posts" two seem to be working and two not:

I'm not sure and this could be something on addThis side?

Are you adding OGP data to your blog posts too?

For the Disqus issue I went into my account and did notice that the URL was blank, I’m not sure why, maybe I missed it, I don’t know, so I ensured it was https://rachelhkay.com, but there still isn’t a comment form showing up. Oh and the URL for my Disqus is rachelhkay.disqus.com.

I’ll send you a message related to the settings in Pulse issue.

For the related posts issue with AddThis, I contacted them to see if there is anything they can do to help. For the OGP setup in Pulse, I have meta keywords for each blog post, but I’m not entirely sure if I got the setup correct so my posts featured images show up as they should. I wasn’t sure if I missed something or not when I setup what shows up on my blog posts on the blog.txt page in Pulse. While I do have the tag for featured image, it is in the blog content loop, and I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to place a tag for the featured image elsewhere as well, or if its okay to just have it there. Is there something else I’m supposed to add to my blog posts for the OGP data? I’m honestly not sure if I’m missing something or not since this new Pulse setup is something I’m still learning. Its completely different from Pulse 3.

I did get a response back from AddThis and they said that one of my posts doesn’t have the Open Graph image meta tag, so I inspected that page and sure enough, all the other meta tags show up but the image meta tag does not. So I inspected other blog posts and they are the same. The url, type, title, and description og tags show up, but not the image, so there is something I’m missing, but I’m not sure what exactly.

“rachelhkay” needs to be in the Settings only

If all setup correctly in Disqus it should appear straight away.

I did get a response back from AddThis and they said that one of my posts doesn’t have the Open Graph image meta tag, so I inspected that page and sure enough, all the other meta tags show up but the image meta tag does not. So I inspected other blog posts and they are the same. The url, type, title, and description og tags show up, but not the image, so there is something I’m missing, but I’m not sure what exactly.

Let’s check this out as well once we can sort out your settings :slight_smile:

Since my re-install and sudden realization explained in the message I sent you earlier today the Disqus comments are now working now that I can access settings again.

Now the next issue here is getting the og image to show up and work, and figuring out why my tags pages aren’t loading correctly.

1 Like

I sent you a message about the settings in admin issue, I know that fixing this issue may put figuring out the issue with the og images in my blog, but maybe since the settings are working in the sub-folder setup, maybe that can be used to figure out the tag pages issue and the og image issue, or at least to maybe debug why the settings aren’t working on my live site.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

A lot of these improvements baked into 5.2: