Website hosting for Pulse Builder

Will it be possible to move websites created online with Pulse Builder to other providers for hosting - or will it be necessary to host them on the Pulse CMS site?

Will CMS be a built-in feature of all the Pulse blocks - or will they have to continue to be wrapped into containers as they are now with Blocs in order to use the CMS?

Thanks,

David

Hi @David

The online Pulse Builder will be an option to build Pulse sites (templates) with drag and drop and export Pulse ready Templates. Which you then import into your Pulse site hosted on any server of your choice.

Instead of Pulse Builder, other options to you use to can build Pulse sites include with RapidWeaver and Blocs app for Mac or handcoded template files.

So - we don’t provide hosting - just have some online tools to help facilitate Pulse site building.

• Re: Will CMS be a built-in feature of all the Pulse blocks - or will they have to continue to be wrapped into containers as they are now with Blocs in order to use the CMS?

Not 100% sure I follow so please help me to clarify…
All the Pulse Blocks can be edited online via the Pulse admin dashboard - yes
In terms of Blocs app integration, all the Brics added can also be edited in Pulse online dashboard. Yes they have to be Brics and wrapped in the Pulse Bric.

Let me know if that helps or if you need some more help :slight_smile:

Sounds good. Is the date for launching Builder getting nearer?

I have begun to use Blocs, but Builder seems like it will be an attractive alternative.

Also, the cost is now $297 for designers of multiple sites - which is reasonable - but is there a lower cost for someone who is creating a single site?

Can't say for sure but it's going through BETA testing now:

Pulse5.1 (out in a couple of weeks) has an update which will allow it to import Pulse Builder templates. So we're getting a lot closer!

Blocs app is an excellent app and integration. The main reason Pulse Builder exists is that because it is web browser based, it will allow Windows user to also integrate with Pulse site building - rather than just focusing on Mac apps. Blocs app can export standard HTML also but Pulse Bulider only Pulse compatible templates.

Re the price, with Builder and Ecommerce on the way, and form building already here, Pulse is now a platform so excellent value for the price. So you pay to get access to everything for helping you to make either 1 or 100 sites. So it's a set fee for any number of sites, depending on how much you want to use it.

If you are creating a single site for yourself and want to pay less, than Blocs is excellent.

If you want to create a single site for a client who wants to edit the site later - then the Pulse price is also excellent as you can then charge them appropriately for giving them this extra value add and make back this cost and profit on top.

Hope that helps

Thanks. I am purchasing Pulse and looking forward to Builder.

1 Like

Great to hear that @David and nice to have you onboard - looking forward to seeing your Pulse sites and adding them to the showcase :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.