After update to 5.3

Hi,
Inside the dashboard I think there is problem with the German language …
See Screenshot:

With Pulse 5.2 I don´t have this problem …
Andy ideas ?
thanks a lot
tom

Thanks for reporting Tom - this shouldn't be an issue as nothing changed on this between 5.2 + 5.3

I can confirm with my local 5.3 German is working fine:

• Can you check source of page is UTF-8 (which it should be)?

• What browser are you using? PC or Mac?

Hi Tom,
I had the same problem, on a local installation under Windows it looked good but on the Linux server the encoding was wrong.
Since it concerns here only the date specifications it depends in my opinion at the strftime encoding.

By changing 4 lines of code you can solve the problem

Got to /pulscore/page/admin/dashboard.php

Replace line 132 from:
$result .= "<li>{$filename} <br /><span class='date'>".\strftime("%B %d, %Y %H:%M:%S", \filemtime($theFile))."</span></li>";

to:
$result .= "<li>{$filename} <br /><span class='date'>".\utf8_encode(strftime("%d. %B %Y %H:%M:%S", \filemtime($theFile)))."</span></li>";

Replace line 134 from:
$result .= "<li><a class=\"word-split\" href=\"{$clean_edit_path}\">{$filename}</a><br /><span class='date'>".\strftime("%B %d, %Y %H:%M:%S", \filemtime($theFile))."</span></li>";

to:
$result .= "<li><a class=\"word-split\" href=\"{$clean_edit_path}\">{$filename}</a><br /><span class='date'>".\utf8_encode(strftime("%d. %B %Y %H:%M:%S", \filemtime($theFile)))."</span></li>";

Replace line 149 from:
$result .= "<li style='clear: both;'><a class=\"word-split\" href=\"{$clean_edit_path}\">{$filename}</a><span class='date' style='display: block; clear: both;'>".\strftime("%B %d, %Y %H:%M:%S", \filemtime($theFile))."</span></li>";

to:
$result .= "<li style='clear: both;'><a class=\"word-split\" href=\"{$clean_edit_path}\">{$filename}</a><span class='date' style='display: block; clear: both;'>".\utf8_encode(strftime("%d. %B %Y %H:%M:%S", \filemtime($theFile)))."</span></li>";

Replace line 153 from:
$result .= "<li><a class=\"word-split\" href=\"{$clean_edit_path}\">{$filename}</a><br /><span class='date'>".\strftime("%B %d, %Y %H:%M:%S", \filemtime($theFile))."</span></li>";

to:
$result .= "<li><a class=\"word-split\" href=\"{$clean_edit_path}\">{$filename}</a><br /><span class='date'>".\utf8_encode(strftime("%d. %B %Y %H:%M:%S", \filemtime($theFile)))."</span></li>";

On this occasion you will also have the date in the correct German format. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Oliver
thanks a lot for your help. I will try it :slight_smile:
tom

Hi @pulsecms
thanks a lot.

I checked it on a Mac and Safari and Firefox.

The code:

The Navigation is okay:

But the Date not:

I have checked a Page with an older version of pulse ( 5.2 )

The Navigation is okay:

And now I know why I see nothing special, because the Navigation is okay and the date is still in English :slight_smile:
I dont see that bevor

any ideas ?

thanks for your help

tom

Are you sure it was v5.2?
Actually the date since version 5.02 is in German, not in the right format but at least in German

Sure, use my code :wink:

Hi @Oliver
yes, I am sure.See screenshot:

And yes, I can use your code :blush:
But I think there must be an easy way without writing code ? Or I do something wrong and it was my mistake ...don´t know. But for now it works with your code ...
thanks a lot for your help!
tom

The Blocks dates work here locally on apache and on Linux too so it could be something else. Will need more testing before the next update…

Hi @pulsecms
no Problem. I wait for an update … I set the language to English or use the code that @Oliver
use …
thanks for your help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks @tom2 - we’ve done some improvements and should now work with a new dependency installed but looks like it is Windows specific issue

You can follow this discussion and patches made here:

These will be in 5.3.2 release very soon :slight_smile:

1 Like