Blog-show: 5.3.3 - Displaying a sub-blog

Hi. I’m just updating one of my sites to 5.3.3(latest) from 5.2. All going well (with a couple of teething issues which I’ve been able to figure out) but I’ve come across a thing that I cannot get to work.. Displaying a sub-blog.

If I use:
{{blog-show:faq:blog}} {{featured-image}} {{blog-content-loop}} {{blog-item-author}} {{blog-item-date}} {{blog-item-featured-image}} {{blog-item-title}} {{blog-item-content}} {{/blog-content-loop}} {{/blog}}

...to try and display a sub blog (so held in a folder ‘faq’ under blogs), it does a couple fo weird things. It displays what appears to be the actual tags within the page, and then displays the parent blog in it’s entirety where I would expect the sub blog to be displayed.

(In the following screenshot, you can see the tags and the start of the main blog - which isn’t the sub blog at all...)

The manual shows the tags above as the new way of accessing a sub-blog, and shows the ‘old way’ as well, which looks like this:

{{blog-show:faq:blog:[[featured-image]] [[blog-contentloop(<<blog-item-author>> <<blog-item-date>> <<blog-item-featuredimage>> <<blog-item-title>> <<blog-item-content>>)]]}}

...and renders like this on the front-end:

..So it looks like the tags are being stripped or something to me.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on? I’m including the sub-blog as a block, but even on a stand-alone page I’m running into this problem.. @pulsecms ???

When I mention that this is an upgrade from a site running 5.2, the following tag works fine on the old version to show the sub-blog in exactly the same way:

{{blog-show:faq:blog:[[blog-content-loop(<<blog-item-content>>)]]}}

…Which results in:

..Which is correct.. ‘What happens next’ is a the sub-blog… So, I know it works on 5.2!

same here, after update subblogs not working for me either

1 Like

Glad it isn’t just me.. (Well, sort of - I’d prefer it all to work)

Thanks for confirming. It’s all gone very quiet round here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It should all be working since 5.3.4 but if you still get errors please let us know :slight_smile: