Getting started —install on cPanel with fresh Rapidweaver project

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am testing out Pulse and would like to figure out how to use Pulse without putting the files in the resources folder.

Or does it have to be in the resources folder?

I thought I could just upload the .zip file and unpack it on the File Manager.

But I am not sure how to connect a RW project to Pulse.

Thanks for your support,

Dominick

No, it does not have to be in resources folder. Putting the files in the resources folder is only an example how it works.

Check out this 14 minutes video: https://vimeo.com/173269317

1 Like

Thank you kindly for the link.

But I’ve already watched all of your videos. This video doesn’t tell the user how to start from the beginning. It assumes pulse has been uploaded to the file manager on cPanel. I assumes that pulse has already been activated with a license and the config.php has been configured.

Basically, I’d like to start from step one.

Thanks for your support…

My documentation references the main Pulse CMS documentation:

http://help.pulsecms.com/article/7-it-takes-45-seconds-to-install-pulse

1 Like

I’ve watched this video many times. I’ve read the documentation too.

But I don’t get it:expressionless:. This is what I’ve done so far…

I’ve uploaded and extracted pulsecms4-cloud to

mydomain.com/pulse3

once extracted there are 2 folders:

1.) _MACOSX
2.) pulsecms4-cloud

I moved the contents of pulsecms4-cloud to mydomain.com/pulse3
(and left _MACOSX untouched)

I’ve configured the config.php file:

1.) I’ve entered my pulse CMS license code

and the path looks like this:

2.)

$path = ''; // If installed in root, leave blank. If in "subfolder", use "/subfolder"

Now what should I do?

Thanks for your support

$path should be:

/pulse3

:slight_smile:

Thank you for your support.

I thought that since it was installed in the root of /pulse3 that /pulse3 was the root. But I guess mydomain.com is the root and /pulse3 is a subfolder

:disappointed_relieved:

oh gosh. Now the /admin looks as it should.

Now what should I do? Upload a new RW project to /pulse3 and it should work well?

Thanks for your support

Upload the RW project to the root, not the subfolder pulse3

The settings inside the Pulse CMS stacks should be then pulse3 also.

Oh? But what if I already have another site at mydomain.com?

And I want to set another site (demo site) in a subfolder of mydomain.com?

What then? Should I move the contents of pulsecms4-cloud to a sub-folder of

mydomain.com/pulse3

to equal:

mydomain.com/pulse3/another_folder/

Thanks for your support

1 Like

Yes, move everything to a sub folder then.

2 Likes

I’m having issues using pulse with rapidweaver.

Once the .zip files is extracted, the /admin doesn’t reflect the pages that are on my Rapidweaver site.

My site that’s uploaded is different than the blocks and pages in the admin section.

You are speaking in miracles.

The use of Pulse CMS pages in combination with RW is not supported. I thought you viewed the videos?

You are able to use Pulse CMS blocks inside RW pages with help of the Stacks Suite.

Can you tell me what to do next? I’ve added a block to the RW page and changed the name of the folder to:

/pulse3/another

and the block name to:

home/blocktest

but I don’t see blocktest in the admin area of my site.

The videos show someone dragging blocks to a RW page. I did that. The videos show someone editing the block in admin/ but when I go to admin / blocks I DO NOT see the block that I added in my RW project.

Same goes for the Demo project. When I add a block I don’t see it in the admin area.

What I mean is that the RW pages that are in my RW project, these are different than the “pages” in that I have now.

I don’t see the blocks that I have added to my RW project. I looked in Blocks but there are other blocks there that I didn’t create. How did those blocks get there?

If your RW project is published to pulse3, the setting inside the stacks must be another

Content created inside RW (1) will not be visible inside the admin area of Pulse (2).

This only works the other way round. Content created inside pulse admin (1) can be injected via stacks inside RW (2).

The content you see in the admin area is the demo content of Pulse CMS.

When I look here:

http://mydomain.com/pulse3/another/admin/

under the Blocks section

I see:

About
Contact
Home

But I don’t see my block that I added in my RW page:

Pulse Folder root: another
Block name; new/blocktest

Read:

1 Like

" Work how you always do with any theme (or Foundation or Foundry) & Stacks. Edit online with the flexible CMS for RapidWeaver."

http://help.pulsecms.com/article/25-build-in-rapidweaver

I am working the way I usually work in RW. Then how do I edit a page in Pulse? How does this work?

What should I do next?

I don’t see the blocks that I’ve added. Where are the blocks that I’ve added in my RW project?

Thanks for your support

You are not able to create blocks from RW so that they appear in the admin area.

You have to create the blocks inside the admin area, and are able to reference them inside RW (stacks).

So, first create a block in admin area, then reference it inside RW (stacks).

1 Like