Log-in not possible

Hello I once again request some help to be able to log-in to my pulse admin. I deleted the confic.json file and installed an older one from a backup. But it does still not allow me to login. So what exactly is going one with this version of Pulse. I updated to PulseCMS 5.3.9. After the update I had to key in my login credentials at it let me in after 3 tries. After that I used another browser, and the same thing happened. Only it did not let me in at all in that browser. So I did a mistake and asked it to reset my password. But I never got an email. So now I am completely stuck. How do I get out of this mess? I cannot make a new install because it is a very big site with a big amount of content. It is also not my site, so I cannot risk that the site gets deleted. I wrote on this forum a couple of days ago, but I never got any response from the developer.

Kind Regards

Kent Pedersen

One way to fix this is:

• do a backup of the Pulse "content" folder (copy it via FTP to your computer or something)
  • reinstall Pulse from scratch
  • and then copy your content folder back to the new Pulse install
2 Likes

Ok thank you very much

1 Like

Glad this worked out for you @Kent

Not sure if this is the same issue you were having when you reported it here (Cannot log-in to pulse admin dashboard) but have seen another user ran an update and their folders had permissions re-set on the server and so couldn't login.

The solution was we just double checked on the server what the permissions were as per the diagnostic on the install:

We just needed to change the folder permissions to as above and they could login fine.

Glad you got sorted!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.