Pulse 6: Early Beta Released, including Pulse Core 🏁

Hi everyone,

We've been working to improve PHP8 support. We are bumping the PulseCMS version to 6, to make it clear that Pulse 6 is for PHP7 and above.

Paid users: Download Pulse 6 Beta from your dashboard
Free users: Download Pulse 6 Core Beta 01

What's New:

• Cleaner code with fewer warnings on PHP8. A linter was used to find and update deprecated code.
  • Fixed a number of minor bugs, such as breadcrumb issues with PHP7 and PHP8.

The feature limitations of Pulse Core (free for most) are:

• Limited to 1 user.
  • Automatic upgrade feature is not available.

FAQ

I'm a paid user. Where can I find the full Pulse 6 and Pulse 6 Slim?

Both are available in the dashboard. Click the version history button to see Pulse 6.0.0 Slim Beta.

Does Pulse Core include support for RapidWeaver, Blocs and 2-factor authentication?

Yes, it includes the same support as the standard PulseCMS version.

Can I share the 1 login with multiple people?

Yes. While you cannot create more than one user/password, you are free to share the login information.

What if I or my clients generate over $400,000 per year?

You or your clients will need to buy a license to PulseCMS if their business generates more than that. If your income or revenue exceeds $400,000, you will need to purchase a license for production use. You can still use PulseCMS Core for development or evaluation until you're ready for production.

Why the $400,000 limit on Pulse Core?

We want to make PulseCMS sustainable. We're experimenting with this as a more careful initiative than making PulseCMS fully free.

Is Pulse Core open source?

Not quite. Because you cannot publicly share or redistribute your code modifications. Typical open source licenses such as GPL or MIT would allow this. However, the source code in Pulse Core is fully visible in the ZIP file, and individuals can modify it. It is a proprietary license with source code.

We hope you enjoy the latest version of PulseCMS, and we look forward to your feedback!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.