New Release: 5.3.5

Following on from last week's update (https://forum.pulsecms.com/t/new-release-5-3-4/1576) we now have version 5.3.5! Just in time for summer :surfing_woman:

Some of the highlights definitely include:

• Tick boxes to make pages and blocks go live or in draft mode for much better usability
  • Visual Sitemap tag for contents pages
  • Videos and Audio in Media now appear as embed pages without autoplaying

Also it's worth noting that Blog URLs from 5.3.3 are now switched on as default.

blog-post blog-post-2 blog-post-url

Here's the complete list run-down of updates:

Pulse 5.3.5

NEW

IMPROVEMENTS

FIXES

Thanks for all the feedback and keep on Pulsing! :zap::raised_hands:

Take care and have a good summer :palm_tree: (and make some websites! :computer:)

3 Likes

Hi Michael
Thanks for update 5.3.5.
Can you please check out page "Preview" button in Admin ?
It appears that an additional path "/page/" is being added producing a 404 error when preview page is requested!
Thanks
AceTutor

2 Likes

Thanks @AceTutor - is this a Pulse only site or a RapidWeaver integration?

Please see a new beta setting in the Admin > Settings "Integrate RapidWeaver" and select / deselect this option.

Try the preview on both of these and let me know if that fixes the issue for you.

Thanks

Thanks for your comments. Regrettably, toggling the Integrate RapidWeaver integration button has no effect.

Initially I discovered this upon a fresh install in a subdirectory on my localhost server. Once discovered I reconfigured my system and re-installed v5.3.5 in a root directory. Again the problem existed - hence my prompt report questioning what may have changed!

Since reading your comment about RapidWeaver I have revisited my localhost environment, toggled the selection and observed no change - the addition of /page/ persists on the PREVIEW button.

I have also uploaded to a live server and noticed the same occurs!

PROBLEM SOLVED using Version 5.3.6. Thanks Folks!

Blessings
AceTutor

1 Like

Another surprise discovered! Please also check out the ACCOUNT / PREVIEW button in the Admin section. It simply starts a new tab with you still in the Admin section!
Now to see if I can work out what's wrong!

PROBLEM SOLVED - see suggested solution here

Cheers
AceTutor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Michael (and the rest of the Pulse Support experts.)

Michael you are sorely missed on this - your support Forum.

It's now over a month since we have had version v5.3.5 and my issues highlighted above have not been addressed.

Please, please, please all the rest of those following this Forum - Can I ask you to confirm that v5.3.5 has these issues. I would hate to be bleating and discover that it was only me that had a problem.

It was interesting to see @sean start a quest to discover the "Best Release of Pulse?". Interestingly Sean - no one has responded. I would love to answer v5.3.5 but regrettably the above bugs have made this version unusable for my applications. I am using v5.3.4 till we get a more stable version.

I write this to simply kick start again the dynamic that this Forum enjoyed. Michael we need to see you leading the pack! You and your product "Pulse" are the best.

Blessings
Ace Tutor

3 Likes

Another two weeks have transpired!

WHAT'S UP FOLKS?

Michael (and your support crew) . . . we seek your participation. PulseCMS needs your leadership.

At a personal level . . . Can at least one reader please confirm that I am not alone is having the problem in a 5.3.5 install with the PREVIEW buttons as noted above. Send me a message using my personal email at acetutor@live.com - I would value you comments.

3 Likes