Problems with the frontend while i am working in the backend

I have created a website on localhost with the Kuler solution template “Origin” (Windows7 / PHP 7.2.7 / Pulse 5.0). Everything goes well. With Pulse 5.1, while I’m working in the backend, the following error message appears in the frontend and everything below the navigation no longer appears.

Notice: Undefined variable: parsedown in /www/htdocs/w0171981/zahn-seele.de/vorab/template/origin-theme-template/home-default/layout.php on line 126

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function text() on null in /www/htdocs/w0171981/zahn-seele.de/vorab/template/origin-theme-template/home-default/layout.php:126 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/w0171981/zahn-seele.de/vorab/index.php(297): include() #1 {main} thrown in /www/htdocs/w0171981/zahn-seele.de/vorab/template/origin-theme-template/home-default/layout.php on line 126

In the backend I can continue to work normally. As soon as I logged out there is no longer this error message in the frontend.

Does anyone knows the reason?
It is possible that the template “origintemplate” does’nt works with the new Pulse 5.1 (stable) version?

Yes I think it’s that theme not being updated to Pulse5 so when you are logged in it is showing the error so it can’t do the inline editing most likely or the admin navigation bar.

Looks like it’s missing {{navigation_logged_in}} just after the opening <body> and a few other things.

But that should fix that error at least :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the line {{navigation_logged_in}} did not solve the problem.

I tried it with the layout.php. Is this page right? Or does {{navigation_logged_in}} have to be integrated into another page? For example, index.php in the admin folder.

For direct questions to Kuler Solutions, I have neither an email address nor the opportunity to ask via the website.
The Kuler Solution website is not accessible. It contains a wrong SSL certificate that is not accepted in Germany (or just my PC?)
Does anyone have a suitable kuler e-mail address for me to ask there for an template update?

You’re right… the link is here for others:
https://kuler.solutions

It seems other parts of the layout page need to also be updated.

If you don’t hear from him, let us know :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer. I have now found an email address (gary@kulersolutions.com) in the origin template demo version. So far I have not received a reply. I wrote the mail on friday 10th august.

1 Like

I think Kuler Solutions has gone out of business… There is another thread on the RealMac Rapidweaver forum (Kuler is/was a Rapidweaver developer as well) and he is not responding. His website has been down for quite some time now, and he is not responding to emails or Twitter DM’s from anybody…

1 Like

It’s such a shame… hope all is well his end :cry:

I already suspected that Kuler no longer exist. Shit!

Since that problem only occurs online at the hoster (!!! localhost runs fine. Win 7, PHP 7.2.5). I asked the support there, but they did not find anything but asked if there is a edit mode at pulse cms. In this case I could tell the visitors the info that the website is for a short time not awailable. It’s not my goal, but if I can not find a solution, it’s at least an alternative.

Is there an edit mode at pulse?

The line {{navigation_logged_in}} only appears as real text at the top of the frontend. Therefore, I suspect that I may have incorporated it incorrectly (in the source text of the layout page directly after the tag). Are there possibly pure script lines?

The template is still available via Pulse, but you can not buy it anymore because the kuler website also does not exist anymore. So please take this and all templates from the offer that are not Pulse5 compatible.
Did someone else got this problem? And the solution :pray:

It’s urgent. The website will be released shortly.

P.S. Even mobile navigation does not work with sublevels. It’s just not a good template.

What happens if you disable the inline editing while logged in (changeable in the settings)?

Unfortunately, nothing!
It was at least a good idea, because on localhost (yesterday) I had actually turned it off.

I have an additional problem now: I can not dial into the backend on localhost anymore. The password is not taken, but there is no error message that it is wrong. It’s definitely the right password.

Can I somehow reset it to “demo”, then re-enter and encrypt it?

MAMP? Local PHP Server?

there is a config.php file where you might be able to reset that locally.

Thanks, iI don’t need it. I found the reason: My protection tool Kaspesky stopped the input cause i had to switch the website to https mode.

1 Like

Are you all fixed and ready to roll now @Bernd?

We’re still awaiting to hear from Kuler Solutions…

Unfortunately not. I could only handle my localhost problem by setting the website back to http mode. My localhost certificate is not accepted by Kaspersky, but should work online.

My main problem, with the missing content (below the navigation) in the frontend, I still have. Also, I probably need to replace the navigation because the responsive navigation does not work with sublevels.

So far, I have not received any reply from Kuler to my e-mails.

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I could only handle my localhost problem by setting the website back to http mode. My localhost certificate is not accepted by Kaspersky, but should work online.

Sounds correct :slight_smile:

My main problem, with the missing content (below the navigation) in the frontend, I still have. Also, I probably need to replace the navigation because the responsive navigation does not work with sublevels.

The default theme in Pulse now has a sub level responsive navigation included in the next BETA release. You can use that?

What is the issue with the missing content? I think that (Problems with the frontend while i am working in the backend) will be fixed with an updated P5 theme

So far, I have not received any reply from Kuler to my e-mails.

Same… we (and others) are trying to contact him and hope all is well with him

I solved my navigation problem. It was’nt realy a problem :blush:. I linked the main navigation-point (first level) to a site. But the first level dont’t allow to have an Link. It only has to open the submenu.

I think I can live with the main problem until the new Pulse 5 version comes out.

Thanks for yout help.

1 Like

Thanks @Bernd 5.2BETA2 is out today so let us know if this solves your issues :slight_smile:

What a pity! It read so well

First: The known error is still present
There is a new problem in the frontend when logged out of the backend: The Naviagtion is additionally integrated as source text with "strange" source code (screenshots)

Generally also without origin template:

• Both image upload and integration from the folder "Media" do not work
  • Frontend-Editing: There is no "Save" button, changes are not implemented

Double click or right on a text while in inline editing mode, and you should get a black pop up for mark up and save options.

1 Like