Suggestions for 5.3.2

Hello @pulsecms, Michalel, I’m just testing the new CMS. So far, I am very satisfied. :blush:

1. The new features of the galleries work well too, masonry too - even in subfolders! :smiley: But I think the sequence is a bit confusing :upside_down_face:, because the last pictures are displayed first. Should not it be the other way around?
    However, there seems to be a problem when I create subfolders in Media. An entry looks like this: back.jpg | 1000000 ||| vorn.jpg | 1000000 ||| Then the change of order does not work. I moved, deleted, and re-uploaded pictures, and after a while my gallery.txt was completely empty … and no matter what I do, it stays empty.

2. My latest project is a student newspaper:
    I’ve created some students as editors - is there somewhere a file I can look at? I tested, registered name … and lost track of it. Can I also delete names or entries?

Many Thanks
Annett

1 Like

Thanks @annett!

1. We will surely look at this again for the next update, hold on :slight_smile:
    But glad it is working in sub folders for you.

2. Yes!
    You can edit users in admin > settings:

admin/index.php?p=manage_user_list

and edit what pates these students can edit:

admin/index.php?p=manage_user_group_list

Please let us know how that goes!

Hello @pulsecm, thank you.
Yes, I found the user management in settings and also tested. My problem is, I can not see who is registered - and I find nothing to delete.

Really helpful would be a small table, visible only to the administrator:
Name | Role | Password | OTP | Delete
Annett | admin | xxxx | [] | []
Jonas | editor | 1234 | [] | []

So you could see who is registered and also quickly delete or enter, if something changes.
Is that possible?
Many Thanks
Annett

1 Like

Great idea @annett and yes that exists on the edit user page:

/admin/index.php?p=manage_user_list

If I hit the "-" next to Jim then he has been deleted:

Hopefully this is what you are looking for?

1 Like

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. But I can not find such a list. I entered your link exactly the same way and entered users - I do not get such a nice list:blush:. I always only see the same screen. And yes, I saved ...:wink:

And I can not log in as "Julian" either. I get said: "wrong password".
Do I have to set something up first? In my config.json I can not find any entries.

Screenshot_2019-05-07-3Pulse%20CMS

@pulsecms
Ahhhh ...
Ok, maybe I was too stupid ... sorry for that.
I think here should be described in the manual in more detail. Now I have created a new user group "student" and now it works, also the login. But I do not quite understand the difference between editor and user. Where can I see the differences? I enter the permissions into the "student" list.

And I have another question: I want to change an entry (pages / home) from the list "student". He should not be visible anymore. Before that he stood reading or editing. How do I get the selection cleared? I do not want this page to be displayed anymore so as not to confuse the student. Can you still set up a "hide" option?
Screenshot_2019-05-07-4Pulse%20CMS
Many Thanks
Annett

1 Like

No not stupid at all @annett!! :slight_smile:

The Editor was the first secondary user added to Pulse. But as time went on people wanted more. So yes it needs to be explained better but at the moment if you are an Admin and 1 Editor; then use the Editor. If you need more than that then ignore this user and just create from user groups.

We have wondered if moving the old editor user into the new user-group code is worth doing. It was suspected there's some confusion between the two, since the access control for the two do not overlap. It's just as things have evolved.

So far we have "read" and "read/write" - do you want a "hide" option?

1 Like

Yes, hide, so that the student does not think he can change something and it does not work then.

1 Like

Vielen Dank für deine Erklärung Michael @pulsecms, das war sehr hilfreich.

But yesterday I had another problem after creating the user lists:
I have shared some pages with the students for editing, others have disabled such as imprint and privacy.
After I had worked and tried for a long time my live site was suddenly no longer accessible - server redirection error. I examined all sorts of files ... I was desperate until I noticed that imprint and privacy were easily accessible. Then I found the connection to the user lists and permissions.
In admin / pages / home meta tags there was suddenly a checkbox that was activated. I deactivated it and the page was accessible again. Incidentally, the user group students can also activate this checkbox - I find that very dangerous because the page can no longer be reached.
Screenshot_2019-05-07-5Pulse%20CMS
Now my question - what does this checkbox do? I can not reach the relevant page in the frontend, not logged in, not logged out. It stays hidden.
This checkbox was activated when I entered the permissions in Settings / Userlists.
Screenshot_2019-05-07-4Pulse%20CMS

Should that be so? Then I do not understand it ... :thinking:
many Greetings
Annett

1 Like

Got it - makes sense!

1 Like

We'll take a look at this and follow this workflow and see what is happening. Back soon on this and might be that needs some changes.

I think 5.3.3 will see a few user permission improvements. Will post those here also:

Thanks for the suggestions here, it's good feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @annett

• fixed the sub folder sorting bug. This will be out in 5.3.3

• tested that rename works. Created a new media folder eg moose. Open the new folder. Click on rename in the breadcrumb nav box. eg gallery1/moose moves the folder into a subfolder

• The current media page /admin/index.php?p=open&f=media/gallery1/blue&e=jpg does not have any meta data fields. There is an alt field for images. And you should be able to change that..?

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @pulsecms, thank you so much.
Point one and to are great news.
Point three I just can not understand. I am not in Germany and have no internet access, only mobile. Do it as you think it is good please.
Thank you
Annett

1 Like

No worries @annett - have a good trip!

Better breadcrumbs & submenu (Some bugs and ideas)
I've created a dropdown menu with pages and run across some problems or question marks.

1. It would be nice to have the main menu item(folder) editable into a link for example to the first sub item of the dropdown menu or free of choice. So you can link it to an sub page when clicking & rolll-over shows the menu . OR The main menu item behaves as a page instead of a folder OR The main item can be a folder or a link to a "hidden" page not listed in the menu ??

2. Breadcrumbs from sub items in the menu don't work & it would be nice to have the main item first.
    Example: Home > Main menu item/folder > Subitem from folder (also the breadcrumb "Biomarkers"-link gives me a 404)
    It looks good in the URL but not in the breadcrumbs.

It looks very good in the blogs btw. I just think this creadcrumb and Menu needs some more love.
Great CMS, i can say that enough. Looking forward to the fix.

1 Like

Thanks for the clear and helpful feedback @Arties

This will need testing and replicating then we'll look at improving this. 5.3.3 is almost finished ... so this is most likely in 5.3.4 which will be out not much longer than 5.3.3.

Improving this though is a great idea, thanks.

Really happy to hear that :star_struck: And we can keep on improving!

I think there's some confusion around what users vs editors can do.

Editors can create blocks and the blocks appear on the editors list (bug fix for this case). Editors cannot create pages.

Users can't create blocks or pages. Depending on the permissions they might be editable.

To remove a block/page from a user, the group should be edited. So the process is

• login as administrator
  • open the settings page
  • click on "extend tab"
  • click on "manage user group list" button on the user list area
  • click on the group name to open the edit pane
  • adjust the radio buttons as needed

There has been a fix though for Editors which will be out in 5.3.3:

• Fix for editor adding blocks now adds the block to the editor block ACL list
1 Like

Thanks and the navigation menu builder has had some improvements for 5.3.5!

https://forum.pulsecms.com/t/new-release-5-3-5/1584/2