Suggestions for 5.3.2

Here is a list of the things I would like to see in next release.

1. Be able to change the name of Blog page to news or anything else I fancy, and still have it all work.
    At present this partially does not. Note that I create new page called news, new blog posts are still created in folder content/blog and this is created path errors elsewhere. There needs to be a simple option field in settings:
    What do you want to your blog page to be - default is Blog.

2. Be able to have said blog pagination work. If there are 5 pages of products with certain tags on then we want to see all pages and all products. This USED to work and has been broken in 5.3

3. Be able to share a post on social media so that its title, content and associated image is shown.

4. Would like to see recentposts_visual actually working. It does not at present. Image is not shown, and again there is a file path problem if news item is not created in Blog page.

I have already given up on the update button in settings, as well as themes. I know I have to manage it all with FTP - thats fine - as longs as I know.

Please dont add any new features. Please forget about the shop stuff for now. Please get these basic things fixed if you want Pulse to have any credibility at all. And if you want people to keep using it and recommending it to others. I am finding it harder and harder to do so these days.

5.3.2 is getting ready!
5.3.2 is getting ready!

hello together, I have experimented a lot and would like to use this entry, also to report my errors.

1. I am very happy with the new possibility to use subfolders in the Media folder. What does not work anymore is the sorting - but it worked in an earlier version. If I take original galleries I can change the order in the first level. Moving the gallery to a subfolder is no longer possible.
    If I create a new gallery with new images, the order does not work at all. The bottom picture is always displayed, changes are not saved. If I look via FTP I see that the file is not written.
    Also, I can not add meta tags in the Media subfolder.
    It would be nice if it is still fixed:
  • Add meta tags to images in subfolders
  • can change order of pictures, first is the top
  1. The new gal tag {{gal: galery1:1:yes}} works very well. I also needed this feature for masonry and have added all changes to the inc/tags files myself.
  • is it possible to add this tag regularly for {{masonry: galery1:1:yes}}?
    Many Thanks
    Annett

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Most of these are being worked on and fixed already for 5.3.2 or just after :slight_smile: